I, for one, enjoyed the Grammys for the first time in a while. I really enjoyed the performances for the most part, outside of Katy Perry’s, who I am 100% done with after she made fun of Britney Spears’ mental breakdown back in 2007. Making fun of something already stigmatized isn’t cool and Katy Perry is a terrible person for doing it, not once, but twice.
My highlights of the evening were:
- Bruno Mars in everything he did. That man is the best thing to happen to music since Michael Jackson/Prince. I adore him.
- Adele in everything she did. I don’t care that she started over, I don’t hate her for winning over Beyonce. I love for her breaking her AOTY award in half to give her a portion of it. I love her for being real as fuck.
- Beyonce being gracious in defeat, when everyone knows she deserved to win it.
- The Alicia Keys and Maren Morriss duet.
- Tori Kelly outsinging Demi Lovato in like 3 seconds. Sorry, but Demi you’ll never outsing her.
- Rihanna dancing in the audience
- ATCQ’s rap. HOT DAMN. That rap was fire.
- Chance the Rapper winning all the awards. I love him. He took me to church and I aint even a little made.
CeeLo Green flipping off everyone and driving off when he didn’t win a grammy. hilarious.
The ugly ass outfits worn by a lot of people
The BeeGee tribute as a whole. Demi trying to outsing Tori and failing and Andra Day being overshadowed by Demi’s screeching.
James Corden. I had high hopes, but he was just grating and annoying as fuck for most of it.
Katy Perry being a straight up bitch and hypocrite.